Improving Processes in Your Logistics Operations
These opportunities may include industry best practices or technological advancements. The final result will be a fully document process, recommendations for improvements, and the establishment of a measurement process to ensure the long term success of the process.
In helping you assess your process flow, we work with you to address:
Getting Organized and Forming the Right Team
The focus is assisting you in defining the essential requirements for your business, by business segment. In doing so, we can isolate each requirement and ensure each piece of your process will work together efficiently.
On imports, you face a range of customs regulations, filing requirements and other factors thatcreate challenges to your business. It is critical that you fully assess your compliance with and leverage best practices with:
- De-Consolidation Services
- ACE meeting the new ACE requirement
- ACS meeting the current ABI operations etc
- Electronic Interface with steamship lines via e2e-Bridge that passes data between GTNEXUS and INTTRA
With exports, you need to focus on reducing expenses, accurate freight rates, AES, documentation, and more:
- Electronic Interface with Forwarders and SS Lines via e2e-Bridge that passes data between GTNEXUS and INTTRA
- Reducing forwarder expenses
- Known Shipper module and controls
- Utilization of an Inventory system
- Freight Rating that would assure you that you are getting the right rate using the right method of calculations
- Export Documentation (Over 30 different documents)
- Management Information
To operate efficiently, you need access to the information that will enable you to control, monitor and optimize all aspects of your operation.
- Customer Service
In today’s market this is where the rubber meets the road along with the price of your service.
- Interactive Status Inquiry
Deliver up-to-date status inquiries to your clients via the web, including document images. Notifications can also be event driven, as defined by the user.
Provide your customers with robust report generators, so they can get the information they need when they need it. Include reporting such as landed cost analysis and management by objectives.
- Interactive Status Inquiry
- Data Base Designs
You need to determine what databases you will need to support your requirements, based on your needs:
- What data bases are available from the Government
- Which data bases you should develop within your firm
- Secure data base access and management
- Computer System Platforms Selection
You need to determine which platform your business will use in its operations.
You need a system that is stable, scalable, and well suited to the specific needs of the logistics industry.
You also need to evaluate the software platforms and determine whether to use a third-party solution or develop your own system in-house. Some choose a hybrid approach, with a developed system that links to their existing in-house operations.
Using EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), you have the ability to link to suppliers, steamship lines (via GTNEXUS & INTTRA), airlines (CARGO 2000) and agents.
Part of your analysis must include security considerations for the shipment and how to automate the reporting of the security.
- Duty Drawback
Are you taking advantage of duty drawback? Did you know it can be filed electronically? In many cases, companies have saved millions of dollars on duty drawback.
- Essential Management Information
To effectively and profitably operate your business, you must be able to track and measure supplier performance, forwarder performance, broker performance, open L/C controls and import/export license controls. Without the systems that objectively track and report on this information, you can severely damage your own operations.
- Gain Maximum Advantage from Today’s Technologies
From RFID and wireless to image processing and automated document generation, todays’ technologies can speed your operations, lower costs and significantly reduce human error. Consider technologies that link systems together to pass data without manual re-entry – and costly mistakes.